Monday, July 20, 2009

After the first race







Hey everyone




Sorry that I didn't post yesterday I just really didn't get a chance too. Any way yesterday the race was extremley rough, demanding and didn't give skiers any chance to rest. The Juniors race skied for 11 laps and a total of 37 min. There were 6 flights with 6 boats in each flight. I was in the 1st flight and 4th out and my biggest competition was right next to me, 5th out. At the start me and my competition, Jack Houston, made our starts and ran away from everyone else. For 6 laps we raced side by side trading off first place every few hundred feet. I was running the inside lane were it is a little rougher but you gain alot in the turns and Jack was running the outside lane were it is a little smoother but you have to work harder to gain what you lose in the turns. Anyway, after lap ski I was in first by about half a ski line and we went into the turn and I leaned a little too far forward and stuffed my ski into a wave and went over the front of my ski right in front of the crowd. I wasn't hurt so I got my ski back on, got up, and started racing again. I finished in 8th place which isn't bad if you ask around but it is horrible to me. But in the worlds you ski 4 races and get to drop your worst race so they only count 3 and hopefully that will be the race I get to drop. So tomorrow I will have to start in the 2nd flight 15 sec back from teh 1st and Jack will be startgin in the first. But at the end of the race they take away the 15 sec so, so if I finish 14 sec behind the first place skier and he is in the first flight, I will win the race. Well I will post again after my race and here are a couple pics from yesterday and I will try to get more tomorrow.




























No comments:

Post a Comment